Hull regen, shield regen, power modulator 2.0

All suggestions for the mod and web site should be posted here. Please make a new thread for each new suggestion.
Note: This forum is only for making and discussing suggestions. All off-topic posts will be deleted or moved.
Dofod
In-Game Name: various_J_idols
Favorite Ship: Prison liner

Hull regen, shield regen, power modulator 2.0

Post by Dofod » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Just a thought while i was hauling waste from rio grande to dortmond @ conquest/capital server

it would be interesting if these non-rare, purchasable modifier for these values, for each of the classes (perhaps not capital because its a bit messed up right now) are made for flak; perhaps you can name them as [combat packages:hull / shield / power], I don't know, i am not that good for name making.

Hull regen: some value (ballpark of 100-150 points per second?) with the cost of 10-15% of the respective class' total cargo hold. The point is make travel safer but at the cost of less profitable trips. And probably takes that mine/countermeasure/torp/CD slot.

shield regen: again, nothing crazy like BFG but about 10 to 15% boost without the usual nrg drain, takes the same cargo hold hit as the Hull regen version.

Power Mod 2.0: gives about 10-15% of energy boost without shield regen nerf, takes the same cargo hold hit as Hull/shield regen.

Now you would have the potential of having a substantially stronger craft, yet consequently takes up 45% of cargo space, plus the lost ability of mounting mines, CMs, torps, CDs, what have you on your various classes. And of course, all of those would take a hit at your DP also, et etc

Now, if you have an all gun set up ship, perhaps that might be too much of an edge for fighter classes so that might need to be restricted (like only able to mount one or two perhaps) yet I can't see why freighters cannot receive all these rather dubious boosts. I mean you probably can fly safer, fight a bit longer, and able to withstand more hits, but take a half off your profits? that might piss many. yet with my constant capital encounters it has been rather too exciting to have multi system travel with multiple clans taking a hostile stance with you.

HeIIoween
24/7 Server Operator
In-Game Name: Camperman
Favorite Ship: Maneurable

Re: Hull regen, shield regen, power modulator 2.0

Post by HeIIoween » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 am

Good idea i will do if got time and will dont think so strictly exactly what you wrote but i'll try :)
Assault transports i agreed - they must be :)

Seth
Kate Seth
In-Game Name: Seth
Favorite Ship: Centi

Post by Seth » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 am

You are the sum of your decisions. -Aristotle

Dofod
In-Game Name: various_J_idols
Favorite Ship: Prison liner

Post by Dofod » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Ah yes, remember seeing that, reminds me about many ships not really functioning as their given purpose. Some like asteroid bases or large stations are more technical demonstrations that you can actually pilot one but some are near useless like 2 turret asteroids or weapon platforms (given the much lower hull point and the limited firepower I would assume they should take a good price drop so people would remotely wish to use it and die often).

Of course, the development with fish overlord and Helloween and perhaps fox is considering his final version as well? so everyone is on their own I suppose.